Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Seven Days in the Art World-Chapter 6

I didn't find this chapter as interesting as the last but these are the few things I picked up out of the chapter. Excuse my bias.

It was interesting to read about Murakami Takashi. I had no idea he was responsible for a lot of the Louis Vuitton designs.

I hate Kanye West, therefore I hate Murakami’s design for his album Graduation. I definitely can appreciate it. I’m just biased.

“an artists is someone who understands the border between this world and that one…or someone who makes an effort to know it.”

“This work is a tour de force.”

It is interesting that Murakami has painting assistants overseas. I find it enlightening that he has the desire for each of them to start their own careers.

It is disturbing to me how “into” his work Murakami is. He spends hours in his studio. His studio is more like a house than a studio considering he has a bed in his studio. What else does he do with his life besides his work?

"I used to think that my staff were motivated by money, but the most important thing for creative people is the sense that they are learning. It's like video game. They have frustration with my high expectations, so when they get my 'yes' for their work, they feel like they've won a level."

No comments:

Post a Comment